Music tuition for any student in Prep to Year 12 wishing to undertake private music tuition.
Cornish College is proud to offer Music tuition in a wide range of musical instruments, individually and as small groups to all students from Prep through to Year 12. These lessons are taught by highly experienced music teachers who, on a rotational basis, will arrange the timing of the instrumental lessons.
Learning an instrument is often a personal journey. Cornish Music Tuition offers a specialised program that is tailored to the individual student’s interests, personal goals and ability.
Included in tuition fees students will be entitled to be a part of the relevant ensembles and bands on offer. They will also be afforded the chance to be a part of a range of performance opportunities which can include assemblies, soirees, productions and opportunities outside of the College.
Learning an instrument can be a highly enjoyable activity, it can also enhance a student’s creativity and social skills and establish transferable skills to support their learning in other academic areas.
Some instruments are available for hire. Students should acquire their own instruments as soon as possible after one year. A second year of hire may be possible at an additional charge if instruments are available. Piano and keyboard applicants must have access to their own instruments.
Students can choose from the following:
- Cello/Double Bass
- French Horn
- Electric Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Bass Guitar
- Music Theory
For more information, please contact Lauren Zeigler via email@example.com
30-minute lesson (Prep – Year 12)
$405 per term
40-minute lesson (Prep – Year 12)
$550 per term
30-minute shared lesson
$265 per term (not available for piano or drums)
Year 5 Strings Ensemble lesson
$215 per term (open to Year 5 students only)
Year 8 Small Group lessons
$215 per term (open to Year 8 students only)
Year 9 Small Group lessons
$215 per term (open to Year 9 students only)
$50 per term (for the duration of up to one year)
Tuition fees will be charged to your school fee account at the start of each term. Students have 32 lessons across the year.
Terms and conditions
- Due to variation in the length of school terms and College events, the number of lessons per term will vary.
- Once tuition has begun, four lessons notice is required in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel lessons. Students are still able to attend these four lessons. Verbal cancellation is not accepted and failure to cancel in writing will mean further fees being charged. We encourage all students to complete a full term of private music tuition.
- Re-enrolment is automatic from one term to the next, including from one year to the next.
- It is the parent’s and the student’s responsibility to inform their music teacher directly (preferably via email or SMS) giving 48 hours notice if they are unable to attend a lesson due to classroom activities, sports, or any official school function.
- In the case of sudden illness, please ensure the appropriate music teacher is advised via email before 8.30am on the day of the lesson. Altering lesson times on the day of the lesson is generally not possible.
- If a student will be absent due to long-term illness or injury, parents should notify the teacher and Performing Arts Coordinator.
- Lessons may be charged if a student misses a lesson due to forgetfulness, if it is a group/shared lesson, due to illness/absences or an appointment, due to involvement in another cocurricular activity (without sufficient notice), or due to family/private holidays taken during term time.
- Students from Year 5 and above will attend their lessons without being collected by the teacher. Please ensure your child has checked their scheduled lesson on their timetable on The Hive.
- I agree to have the charge for tuition, as outlined, charged to my school fee account.
- I agree to have the charges for tuition, books and other miscellaneous accessories charged to my school fee account.
- I undertake to accept the responsibility of the hire of an instrument from Cornish College for my son/daughter and authorise the hire charge to be debited to my fee account (if applicable).
- I understand that while the instrument is insured against theft and fire at all times, I must meet the first $500 of any claim resulting from damage or loss while it is in my child’s custody.
To book, please visit our booking page.