Pathways and Opportunities
Cornish College offers a variety of pathways and learning opportunities tailored, wherever possible, to provide individual pathways for our senior students.
Summary of the VCE programs offered in 2020:
- 34 different VCE studies – the number that run each year depends on student demand
- Of the VCE individual student programs, approximately 90% of individual student programs were different combinations of studies/programs
- Several students completed enhancement university subjects or programs
- VET subjects were completed at a range of TAFE providers, with approximately 20 different courses being accessed
- A small proportion of our students combined their VCE studies with structured workplace learning or a school-based apprenticeship – this gave them a VCE qualification, a VET qualification and one day per week working experience
Senior students were also involved in leadership, conferences, community service, sport and school activities, health, driver education, digital citizenship programs, drug and alcohol education, and cocurricular programs as well as a range of internal and external programs.
Find out more about our VCE program in our
VCE Information Handbook.
Senior secondary achievements
Class of 2020 results
- Three students achieved an ATAR of 95 or above, placing them in the top 5% of all students in Victoria
- Nine students, 26% of our cohort, received an ATAR of 80 or above, placing them in the top 20% of all students in Victoria
- Fifteen students, 44% of our cohort, received an ATAR of 70 or above, placing them in the top 30% of all students in Victoria
- Six of our students received a Study Score of 40 or above
Our 2020 Dux, Naomi Kah achieved an ATAR of 98.55 – an outstanding personal achievement.
Year 12 destinations