Pathways and Opportunities
Cornish College offers a variety of pathways and learning opportunities tailored, wherever possible, to provide individual pathways for our senior students.
Summary of the VCE programs offered in 2019:
- 34 different VCE studies – the number that run each year depends on student demand
- Of the VCE individual student programs, approximately 90% of individual student programs were different combinations of studies/programs
- Several students completed enhancement university subjects or programs
- VET subjects were completed at a range of TAFE providers, with approximately 20 different courses being accessed
- A small proportion of our students combined their VCE studies with structured workplace learning or a school-based apprenticeship – this gave them a VCE qualification, a VET qualification and one day per week working experience
Senior students were also involved in leadership, conferences, community service, sport and school activities, health, driver education, digital citizenship programs, drug and alcohol education, and cocurricular programs as well as a range of internal and external programs.
Find out more about our VCE program in our
VCE Information Handbook.
Senior secondary achievements
Class of 2019 results
- Three students achieved an ATAR of 90 or above, placing them in the top 10% of all students in Victoria
- 14% received an ATAR of 80 or above, placing them in the top 20% of all students in Victoria
- Seven students achieved a Study Score above 40, one of which was a perfect Study Score of 50, placing them in the top 8% of all students in Victoria
Our 2019 Dux, Polly Draper, achieved an ATAR of 95.60 – a wonderful personal achievement.
Year 12 destinations
Class of 2019