Contact us to discuss your child’s enrolment in our Early Learning Centre, for Prep, Year 7 or for VCE. We may also have limited vacancies in other year levels.
To enrol your child, please complete the Online Enrolment Application.
Please also read the Cornish College Terms of Business, which are included in our Enrolment Booklet.
Alternatively, if you are unable to complete your application online, please download and complete the Application for Enrolment form in our Enrolment Booklet. Please read this in conjunction with the Cornish College Terms of Business.
If you have any questions in relation to enrolment or our educational offering, please contact Admissions on (03) 9781 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for all parents
When an application is lodged, a non-refundable application fee of $100 is payable to the College. Receipt of your application will be acknowledged, and your child’s name added to the enrolment waiting list for entry in the year and level nominated. Please note that submission of this form does not guarantee a place at the College.
An interview with the Principal (or delegate) of the College is arranged approximately 24 to 18 months before entry, which the parents or guardian and student attend, bringing with them current school reports (if appropriate). The purpose of this interview is for the College to learn about your child and his/her needs so that we can ensure an appropriate program is available. If a place is available, we may make an offer of enrolment. Please note that we may decline to make an offer without providing a reason. Although Cornish College is an open entry College, children are tested prior to commencement (usually excludes Early Learning Centre and Prep) to ensure that the best possible program can be provided.
Please note that admission to Cornish College is subject to availability of places, gender balance, satisfactory interview and assessment, the College’s capacity to provide an appropriate program for the child, and acceptance of Cornish College Terms of Business in force at the time. As it may not be possible to accommodate all applicants, the waiting list will be ordered according to date of application but with priority given to the siblings of current students, children of current staff members and children of past students. A small number of places will be kept for award at the Principal’s discretion.
Information for Early Learning Centre parents
For our Early Learning Centre, a child’s age at the time the Application for Enrolment form is lodged may be used when making offers of places.
At Cornish College, we see the time in our Early Learning Centre as the start of a journey through to Year 12. To avoid the Early Learning Centre being used as a short-term education option, a non-refundable pre-payment of $1,500 of the Prep fees will be required prior to entry to Early Learning Centre. This amount will be taken off the first term account when the child enters Prep. This applies only to children who have no other siblings currently attending the College.
Child care payments changed from 2 July 2018 when Child Care Subsidy replaced Child Care Benefit. Since this date, Centrelink no longer pays childcare fee assistance for children attending Registered Care. For further information, please visit www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/child-care-subsidy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you would like to enrol your child, the enrolment process is:
- Complete the Online Enrolment Application and pay the Application Fee
(Alternatively, if you are unable to complete this online form, please complete and return the Application for Enrolment form in the Enrolment Booklet, along with the Application Fee)
- Book in and come for a tour of the school – for a list of upcoming tours, click here
- Attend an interview with a Head of School
- Formal offer of a place may be made
- Place is confirmed on acceptance of the College’s Terms of Business and payment of the non-refundable $1,100 Admission Fee*
- Standardised testing will be required for all new students joining the College at Year 5, Year 7 and above, with diagnostic testing required at other year levels (excluding Early Learning Centre and Prep) to ensure that the best possible program can be provided
- An orientation session for new academic year commencements will take place in November, prior to the year of commencement
*$1,500 forward fee deposit is payable for Early Learning Centre students
Enrolment Priority Policy
Some considerations will be taken into account when considering students for admission. These are (listed in the order of consideration):
- Siblings of current students of Cornish College (please see specific requirements below)+
- Children of permanent staff members
- Alumni, or children of alumni, of Cornish College or St Leonard’s College, Cornish Campus, prior to 2012*
- The date the Application for Enrolment form was received^
A small number of places will be kept for award at the Principal’s discretion.
+ Siblings will be prioritised providing an application is submitted within 26 months of the start of the school year they are due to commence.
* Alumni defined as any past student of St Leonard’s College, Cornish Campus, irrespective of whether that student completed Year 10.
^ There may be occasion where the College may give priority to a specific gender.
The College’s Enrolment Policy contains additional detailed information.