We proudly congratulate each of our Year 12 students on the completion of their Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) at Cornish College. Once again, our students have risen to the challenge having embraced this year with dedication and positivity, to achieve outstanding results. As our eighth cohort to complete the VCE at Cornish College, the Class of 2022 represent our community’s commitment to continuous improvement with our highest results to date.
Together with their VCE results, our Year 12s also received their Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR), for those who completed exams. The ATAR is one avenue for entry into tertiary study. This year, we also congratulate the 25% of this Year 12 cohort who received conditional early offers for tertiary courses, prior to receiving today’s ATAR.
Here is a snapshot of our results:
- Eight Cornish College students (15% of the cohort) achieved ATARs above 90, placing those students in the top 10% of the state
- Our focus on continuous improvement is highlighted this year with over 40% of the cohort achieving an ATAR in the top 20% of the state with an ATAR of 80 or above. Further, in 2022 our mean and median ATAR have risen again to the highest to date, as have our mean study scores for English and Further Mathematics
- We are delighted to announce that our 2022 Dux is Eliza Mason with an ATAR of 99.15. Joining Eliza with scores above 90 are:
- Zoe Allison
- Charlotte Davies
- Vincent Day
- Jake Ormsby-Goard
- Mathilda Maas
- Lara Veldstra
- Thomas Vidotto
- Congratulations also to the students who achieved study scores of 40 or above, which places them in the top 8% of the state for those subjects.
- Zoe Allison – Sociology
- Charlie Atkins – Further Mathematics
- Amber Byrnes – Sociology
- Charlotte Davies – English
- Vincent Day – Further Mathematics
- Ebony Ingram – Environmental Science
- Eliza Mason – Biology, Literature and Chemistry
- Samantha Moloney – Psychology
- Lara Veldstra – English
- Thomas Vidotto – Further Mathematics
- Sarah Wilson – Equine Studies
- Atlas Yates – Sociology
- In addition to all 55 students successfully achieving their VCE, we congratulate four students – Teddy Beeby, Charlotte Davies, Eliza Mason and Lara Veldstra – who also achieved the VCE-Baccalaureate. This provides additional recognition for students who choose to undertake the demands of studying both a higher level mathematics and a language in their VCE program along with achieving a study score above 30 in English.
After two years of experiencing periods of remote learning, the Class of 2022 have embraced the opportunities Cornish College has provided for their final year of secondary schooling. From sports carnivals to public speaking competitions, the annual House Performing Arts competition to leadership of our College community, this cohort has shown positive learning behaviours and community spirit in all they have achieved.
All our students leave Cornish with so much more than the score they receive today, including the inaugural group of eight students who, in addition to achieving an ATAR, leave Cornish College with their Design Futures 100 stories and digital badges.
As always, we view our students’ successes as testament to our committed community with input from teachers from Early Childhood through to VCE who, working with our families, help students develop as well-rounded and well-grounded individuals. I extend my gratitude and congratulations to all those from the Cornish College community who have contributed to the education of these young people.
We farewell a class of confident, inclusive and open-minded young adults who we trust will tread gently on this planet, whatever future roles they take. We thank each of them for their contributions to Cornish College and will watch with great interest as they lead the way to make a difference and be the difference for a better world for all.
With my very best wishes
Nicola Forrest – Principal